Writing a sympathy message can be hard. Finding the appropriate words and offering your condolences in a fairly short, simple way is difficult for most of us.
These examples should help to show you the sort of sympathy messages and sentiments that you can express in your card.
- I’m/we’re so sorry for your loss. You are in my/our thoughts and prayers
- Please know we’re thinking of you during this terrible time. If there’s anything you need we are here for you. Stay strong.
- I know nothing I can say will help ease the pain but I wanted you to know you are firmly in my thoughts and I’m hoping you can find support in the loved ones around you
- I’ll always remember ______ with such fondness and warmth. Those memories I have will live on forever and be cherished for years to come
- You have my deepest condolences for the loss of such a wonderful person
- Even though the pain will dull with time we will never forget _______
- It was with great sadness we/I learned of _______’s passing. In these difficult times we/I wanted to offer our sincerest condolences and hope you find love and support
- My heart goes out to you. Wishing you much love and support
- It’s beyond cruel to lose someone we loved so dear. We’re so deeply sorry for your loss.
- We feel blessed to have known _____ and their memory will live on in all of us