- MORT is recognised as leaders in the field of international repatriation of human remains.
- MORT is always available to assist the bereaved in the local community and worldwide at a difficult time of need.
- MORT provides advice and guidance throughout the whole process and is available on a 24-hour basis.
- MORT provides a professional repatriation service to accommodate the needs of all.
- MORT has the facility to arrange for repatriation from anywhere in Australia and New Zealand to any overseas country through its network of established Funeral Directors.
- MORT is an integral division of Maurer Family Funerals ensuring priority to assistance for repatriation services.
Maurer Overseas Repatriation Team (MORT)
Our company specialises in the repatriation of human remains from Australia and New Zealand to any country.
Our office, mortuary and chapel are based in Sydney and close to Sydney International and domestic terminals.
We are within 15 minutes of the State Coroners Court, Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages, and the majority of Consular offices that have representation in Sydney.
Having carried out many repatriations we find that negotiating for required documentation can be handled quickly and efficiently. Deaths that occur within other States and Territories of Australia and New Zealand are sub-contracted to authorised Funeral Directors whom ably assist our organisation.
Negotiations relating to costs are handled by our Sydney office as price structures vary from State to State in Australia and are different in New Zealand.
Air freight is costed at the usual rate applicable for Human remains (NHS), airline and Government charges plus cargo agents handling fees. All original documents accompany the air-waybill (AWB) and copies are sent prior to departure to the instructing Insurance Company and the consignee.
Should a family choose to have a cremation service in Australia and/or New Zealand and the ashes returned, this can be readily arranged.
Our team consists of 24-hour operations centre from which you will receive immediate personal attention. Once the immediate information is sought, we normally can offer an update of the situation within 24-hours. Our company is family-owned and has been attending to funeral service and repatriations continually since 1941. We are members of the Australian Funeral Directors Association (AFDA) and FIAT/IFTA. Ken Maurer is a member of the NSW State Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) Team.